26 November 2006

Burglary at the Bonciminos

We just arrived home from our vacation in Thailand, and found that our house was burglarized. The burglars pried open the back security gates, and got into the house. All our drawers and closets were opened, but other than some inexpensive costume jewelry, it appears that they didn't take anything! Our plasma TV, computers, bicycles, electronics, etc are all still here!

We have begun a police report, with another officer to come by again later tonight.

We'll post more later, along with pictures from our vacation, but for now, we just need to make sure all is well. Above everything else, we are safe, and God is still protecting us.

greg

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to here that!

Shannon F said...

O..........my........GOSH!!!!!! They must think Americans do our banking under our mattresses...
I am so sorry that happened to you all. It's hard to try and return to feeling comfortable and at ease in your own home after you are violated at your safe and happy haven. I'm glad that nothing of real value was taken, but mostly that you are all safe! We will cont. to pray for safety and protection, and that you will rest in God as your true, mighty fortress and your peace.

Love to all,
Shannon

Barb K said...

Oh, phooey. What a cruddy thing to have happen! Ask Cheryl what of my 1980's costume jewelry she would like. I can send it with Chris.
Honestly, I am glad you guys are fine; time to restructure the security system, huh?
Do you remember the time robbers came in 921 while we were all asleep and took the VCR but left the Beta? Very rude.
Love to all and continuing to pray for peace in all things. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Very sorry to here that, Thank god you guys are alright.

Anonymous said...

I hope your dog was not home at the time and that he is o.k.

NicaGirl said...

Hello from Virginia Beach!
I am a friend of your Mom's (from finding her blog) and I just want to say say I am so sorry for your burglary! My house was broken into this summer and it was an awful feeling to come home to find someone had been in my home going through my stuff and had let my dog out (fortunately Animal Control found her). I am glad you and yuor family are safe and sound and were not home when the break-in happened. I will be praying for your peace of mind and sense of security!
Blesings,
Meg