I just finally realized that I'm not in the United States. You know how I realized this? We just went through the NCAA Final Four and the beginning of the baseball season AND NOT A SINGLE STORY WAS MENTIONED ABOUT EITHER EVENT IN THE NEWS!! Not even one of those cute little "and in other news..." quips. I don't think there's a single person in Asia who knows what the NCAA Basketball Tournament is, much less than who is in it. That tourney is truly an American thing -- not even like the Super Bowl -- no one outside of the big 50 cares. That's fine. I like it, and for the couple of days I was in Dallas during the first round, I had fun watching some "ball". The other thing is baseball season -- I am (as always) excited. I love hoping for a Cubs miracle. I have been listening to Lou, Shepps, and Sneetch on the Cubscast.com audio podcast for years, and they give me all I need to know about the North Siders. Wild to see that Wade Miller made the number 5 spot, while Prior got sent to Iowa.
OK. Other news: Cheryl is getting ready to meet Earth, Wind, and Fire. Remember those guys? The famous band from the 70's and 80's is coming to KL, and specifically to the International College of Music for some kind of a master's class. Cheryl and the students are preparing a Tribute concert, and will be working with EW and F sometime next week. Fun.
Finally, some pictures. Here are some shots for you to enjoy: First, here is a picture of Brooke and Cheryl running the Kuala Lumpur 10k race a few weeks back. They had fun on the course while I was still in the US. They look great, huh?
Afterward, the three girls wanted to share their best wishes with our favorite running club...
Back in February, I made a surprise visit to BlackHorse Ranch, and dropped in on some of my best friends. Here are Logan and Jason, enjoying the cold Texas weather...
Saw this beast of a car in a San Diego parking garage. Not bad...
Ashley recently acted in a play at school. She did great. Here she is at an important "turning point" in the drama...
Such a serious actress... (pretty though, huh?)
I saw things in San Diego that you wouldn't ever see in Malaysia. This is a perfect example. No way in a million years something so civilized would be found here...
This is a view from our hotel in San Diego, where the recent customer conference was held. Ah, such a rough life...
We rented out the US aircraft carrier USS Midway for tours and a dinner on the flight deck. The Midway was built for World War II, and saw wartime action all the way through the first Gulf War. Here I am sitting in the captain's chair overlooking the flight deck. Cool.
Well, that's about it for this round. Need to get out the door and back to the airport. I only made it back home for a 9 hour layover between Singapore and Miri (East Malaysia). Catch everyone real soon...
greg
4 comments:
Greg that was awesome once again!. You have a busy and exciting life. You are blessed. I totally loved the pictures. I am in awe of Ashley doing acting, Wow. Tell her I was Frosty the Snowman's rabbit in a play in High school.. I am in awe of all of you for the running.Captain Greg. Love and miss you ...Aunt Gail
2x2 2x2 2x2 2x2 GO CUBS.
Hi, hon,
As always, a great eclectic group of photos covering lots. Loved actress Ashley, the running women, cool San Diego/Houston visits. But, man, a nine hour layover and you're on the road again. That's nutty.
Hoping to SYPE with you over the weekend. Give all the girls a big hug for us.
Love you, Mom
Great pics Greg! Missing you guys on skype, must be that you're all very busy. Hugs to all!
Nee
May your favorite running club pinch your photo for May Stridelines please? Great if you could email me KL 10k race results as well :-)
Steve
Post a Comment