07 April 2008

Italy: An Amazing Trip

Well, our wondrous vacation to Italy is over. The girls returned to Malaysia on Saturday, and we returned yesterday (Monday). [I actually took still ANOTHER flight to Los Angeles, and am now in San Diego (Monday evening).]

Below I've attached another solid batch of photos. Since my last post, we managed to see a LOT of Italy: Viterbo, Perugia, Rome, Naples, and Pompeii. In the interest of time, I'll just post the photos now, then annotate them later. In summary, we just had an outstanding time. The girls performed four times throughout Italy; Cheryl and I stayed in seven different hotels in our eight nights; we managed to drive an astounding 3000 kilometers (1,865 miles) in those same eight days. If you were to look at our driving route, you wouldn't believe it!

We have so many funny, sad, interesting stories -- they will just have to pour out in the coming days and weeks. We saw more than just the "sights" -- we got to meet the people. We stayed in Bed & Breakfast places all over the country, and in the process found some very interesting and unique people. Italy is a one-of-a-kind place, and in our eight days we managed to see so much of it and experience it in such a unique way. We highly recommend visiting (even when the US Dollar is at such a pit)....

Enjoy the pictures / give your comments / etc etc

greg

















4 comments:

riniroo said...

I love seeing how the girls are growing up! Miss you all!!!

pdimontova@yahoo.com said...

Hi Guys: What an amazing trip. I cried when I looked at all the pictures, and you're right Greg, they most certainly speak for themselves. The castings from Pompie, Tower of Pisa, Cistine Chapel and the town of Mantova; they made we want to see them, but I'm so glad that I can see them through you.

Glad you are all home safe and sound.

Love U 4-Pat

Gail said...

Greg, it is so fun to live through you and your travels. I loved the pictures. Isn't it so great you all got to be together? Wow. So cool. Did you go to any coffee places? I wish we could hear the girls sing...Hint hint...Love, Aunt Gail

Shannon F said...

Thank you for the superduper pictures. And i'm so glad you stuck your beautiful wife in many of them - so i could see my friend AND the fabulous scenery! Miss you guys so much. Please tell C i'm sorry i missed her birthday.

Hugs - Shannon