12 May 2008

Going To All The Hot Spots

Just checking in with everyone; so sorry for the lack of posting lately.


On the home front, things are going well. Ashley has all but finished high school now, and is actively counting the days until graduation. She has been a real trooper -- working hard to take AP exams for college credit when most teens would be coasting. We are so proud of her hard work.

As for the title of this post, I realized this week that my next few weeks of travel should really be interesting. For one, I will be spending all of next week in central China, a few hundred miles East of where the massive earthquake hit yesterday. I am in Bangkok today, where supposedly we "felt" it, but I must say that I did not. Next week we have a conference in Guilin, China. It's supposed to be a nice town, but as with anything in China -- you still have to be smart. I will be with a large group, and well taken care of.

Then, after Ashley's graduation and the Sundown marathon, I head over to Yangon, Myanmar (Burma) for business meetings there. Again, I'll be on full alert, but with the cyclone damage and intensive relief efforts for the millions of homeless, it will be another adventure. Needless to say, with the full clamp-down on communications from the military junta -- you won't be hearing from me until I get back out on June 4th. For as poor of a country as Myanmar is, they need to continue their oil & gas production to get (any) revenue -- hence, my presence is key to that end.

Just to "give it another go", I am going to open this blog up for public consumption once again. Last year I shut it down after the commentary got to be too much to endure. I want this blog to have easier access (for friends and family), but am fully mindful of the implications thereof. For better or worse, I'll give it another try.


Thanks, everyone, for the birthday wishes. It's wild to think that I'm now less than a year from being a 40 year old!

greg

p.s. Super duper congratulations to Kristin for joining the world of college graduates! Awesome awesome awesome!

2 comments:

Shannon F said...

Hey friend,

I just have to tell you that how thankful i am that you are sooooo faithful to post inspite of how busy you are. I can ALWAYS get caught up on the very lastest Boncimino excitement with a click up my mouse. It is such a comfort. Please give your beautiful and very intelligent women all my love!
Shannon Farr-i-ay

lisa said...

Happy belated birthday, Greg! I turn 39 in November, so I'm right there with you. It's exciting and strange.

Thanks for all the updates - I still faithfully read your blog, even if I don't always comment. Have a safe journey on your upcoming trips!

Lisa