06 May 2008

We Almost Have a High School Graduate!!

Just a quick update for all: We are getting ever-closer to having a high school graduate in our midst! Ashley finished her last official day of school on Monday, and is now in the final moments of studying for her three Advanced Placement (AP) exams in Physics, Calculus, and US History. She has made the honor roll, and is finishing out her high school "career" in style! To say that we're proud of her is an understatement!

Graduation day is May 30th, 2008. We realize that it might be kinddddda hard for many of you to travel around the world to cheer her on and come to our grad party. However, there is nothing to stop you from sending her all kinds of congratulations and encouragement to her. As with all high school grads, I'm sure she'd LOVE those gifts of $$$ and college prep stuff that we all enjoyed when we graduated. If you want to send physical gifts, just mail to our San Diego address. Write to me if you don't have that address (comment to this post with your email address). She can also accept US checks, not a prob. (Sorry I have to be the "dad" here, but I just know that in many ways Ashley is outside of the normal "line-of-sight" and I don't want her to feel that she is somehow forgotten.)

Well, I have to run. I am in Bangkok now, but flying to KL for an afternoon meeting, then taking an evening flight to Singpore so I can be there for meetings tomorrow. Doesn't that sound "fun"? Not really....

Please pray for the people of Burma / Myanmar. They were hit hard by the cyclone on Saturday. The thing that hurts the most is that their government chose not to warn anyone even after it was obvious they were about to be pummelled. So sad. I will probably be making a business trip to Burma / Myanmar in a few weeks. I'm sure I will see utter devastation. Arrgh.

I love and miss all of you.

greg

1 comment:

Barb K said...

Greg,
We had given some thought to trying to get to KL for the graduation but not to be. But please know we tell everyone we have a granddaughter graduating this spring and coming to Northwestern. Wow! And thanks for spreading the word...everyone wants to be recognized for their achievements.We want Ash to feel we are almost right there. Let's talk Skype very soon.
Love, Mom