01 June 2008

Ashley Graduates!!

The day of Ashley's Graduation has come and gone. The ceremony on Friday was great (not too long), and we have been filled with a HUGE dose of celebration and gladness. The only thing which could have made it better would have been to have some family make it all the way around the planet to be on hand, but hey -- we didn't make things easy by being all the way over here in Malaysia. Hopefully the pictures below give you a decent idea of how the event went.

ISKL really has been an outstanding school for us so far (one graduate, one to go). Without stretching the truth, it really is the premier high school of Malaysia. In fact, the salutatorian of this year's class is going to Harvard this fall -- as Malaysia's ONLY entrant. The rest of the ISKL class also seems to be equally overflowing with talent.

Anyhow, on with the photos. I would have put these in an online album, but for ease of viewing, they're posted here once and for all. I've uploaded a video of Ashley receiving her diploma, and will add the link as soon as Google activates it. I'd love to hear which pictures below are your favorite(s). I think you might be able to pick out mine.
The ISKL Program:



Here is the graduate "key code" for understanding the listing next to Ashley's name in the following picture. Corrections to note: (1) Ashley should also have been given credit for completing 4 or more AP or IB courses (the star icon); (2) Ashley also should have been given credit for Academic Distinction in Modern Languages for her accomplishments in Spanish, but this was not reported.

The box score for Ashley:

Here is a quick pic of the graduates as they faced the audience. Can you find Ashley?? She's visible to the KEEN eye...


Proud sister Brooke with her big sis:


A Boncimino tradition, the ol' "hold the diploma / certificate / announcement upside down" trick!


Proud mom:


Prouder dad:


No caption necessary:

joyful,
greg

P.S. My marathon today went great. I think I finished in the top 10% of the field. My time was approximately 3:53, but there were a number of factors that make this time oh so strange (would you believe having to walk up and down two flights of stairs DURING the race??!!). Anyhow, today is all about Ashley. I'll write about the marathon in a later post.
P.P.S. Ashley's Graduation Video is now posted on Google Videos. Go see it here:

5 comments:

Yvette said...

All the pictures are great. The upside down diploma is cute, but the last one of you hugging her is touching.

Congrats!!

Yvette said...

oops, forgot to say congrats on the marathon, yet another. I get tired just thinking about 26.2 miles...I did it once and that was enough (Chicago 2000).

GypsyWojs said...

Awesome job! That last photo is touching!

-Jenna
(BG Native > Have been following these blogs ever since they began > wonderful source of inspiration)

riniroo said...

No caption necessary...

I shed a tear. I love all of you guys so much.

Leslie said...

WOW--amazing!! Congratulations Ashley!!