25 June 2008

Good Mornin' Vietnam

Hey there, all. I really haven't meant to let the blog go dormant. I am so sorry for not posting in a while -- the truth of it is that life has been busy. Not really BAD busy, but GOOD busy.

Life is going well for us. Last weekend was amazing with Chris, Christa, Hayden, and Reece visiting us. For the next 3 months, we all will be living closer than ever before, and here we are on the other side of the world!

Tomorrow we leave for a glorious vacation. We're headed to Vietnam for what we hope will be 10 days of rest, relaxation, and precious family time. We'll be in Ho Chih Minh City (formerly Saigon) for the first 4 days, then Vung Tau for the last 6 days. Pray for our safety. We always take proper precautions, but this is still SE Asia, and Vietnam is still a developing nation. Can't wait.

These are the top thoughts in my mind these days:
* Ashley's future
* Our ability to support her / nurture her / protect her
* What being happy really means
* What is next for our family / our life
* Whether we did the best we SHOULD have as parents -- really

I would appreciate your care in the form of simple prayers. Thanks.

greg

2 comments:

pdimontova@yahoo.com said...

Dear Greg: My prayers and blessings are a constant work in progress for you and your 3 girls and your family. I think this vacation sounds so intriguing. Somewhere I would never desire to go, but would not miss an opportunity to go. How interesting.

Parents, mine included, and myslef, always reproach themselves, thinking they could have, wouldhave,should have.....But I have to say, that all round, in everyday aspects of life, you and Cher are, by far, the best parents I have ever known. I truly admire the good work you've done with them, and love you for it.

Have a great vacation.

Love,

Mom DiMontova

Barb K said...

Greg and Cheryl,
I agree with Pat here. You can second guess what you might have done differently. But the reality is, you have done the best with the situations, resources, genes that God blessed you with. Go forward as boldly as you can, always knowing many, many have observed you to be be amazing parents! Love you both, Barb