
I'm sure many of you have heard of this already, but I'm just grieving the loss of a man I never knew. On Sunday, Kyle Lake, the 33-yr old pastor of University Baptist Church in Waco, Texas, died by electrocution as he stood in the church's baptismal, preparing to baptize a woman in the congregation. Apparently 800 people were in attendance, and witnessed the tragic event. Kyle was pronounced dead at 11:30am.
Kyle leaves behind a wife, three young children, and a church filled with hundreds of gen-x aged Christians. UBC Waco is an amazing Emergent church; David Crowder is the worship leader.
Like the pain we suffered with Laurie's death in March, there are now hundreds (maybe thousands) of people beginning to process the hardest of questions. From what I have read, Kyle was an amazing guy -- humble, passionate, REAL. He pointed people to the Reason for his Hope, and did it so compellingly.
Here are some of the blogs I found of his friends / family, who are already beginning their grief process:
Shaun Groves
Chris Seay
Mark
Emergesque (contains links to more about Kyle)
John Henson
Interview of Kyle Lake from earlier this year
News from AP
I hurt for someone I never met. Measured by the words being left by those who knew him, the impact of his life is nothing short of amazing.
greg
2 comments:
Greg,
I am so sad for this man's family and congregation. Having witnessed an accidental electrocution first hand, I can tell you there are no words for that trauma. My thoughts and prayers go out to those poor people.
Mandy
OH MY GOSH THIS IS SO SAD. A MAN AT MY CHURCH WHO IS INTERNIG,USE TO GO THERE AND MANY OF HIS FRIENDS STILL ATTEND. THIS IS SO SAD AND I FEEL SO BAD FOR HIS WIFE,CHILDREN,FRIENDS. OH MY GOSH. WHY?WHY?WHY?I HAVE SUCH A HARD TIME UNDERSTANDING THIS STUFF THAT HAPPENS. HOW IS GOD GOING TO TURN THIS AROUND AND USE THIS FOR HIS WORKS? WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE LIKE THIS? NOT MUCH MORE I CAN PUT INTO WORDS.
LOVE TO ALL. MOLLY
Post a Comment