06 November 2005

Lost Luggage and more...

I made it safely to Malaysia, after 25 hours of flying (Houston to San Francisco to Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur). Unfortunately, my luggage did NOT. I think the 45 minute connection in SF was too tight to get my suitcase from one end of the airport to the other. This happened to me last year in Italy -- my bag decided to tour Paris for three days until they could deliver it to me.

ARRGGH. So, I'm hoping that Cathay Pacific airlines finds it, and delivers by tonight. (It's 1pm Monday for me right now). If not, I'm off to do some Malaysian shopping.

I managed to buy some of the essentials yesterday -- shaving cream, hairbrush, etc. Ashley is laughing (via email) because I told her I washed some of my clothes in the hotel sink -- she's imagining what that looks like...

Kuala Lumpur is a great looking city. My hotel room is on the 26th floor, overlooking this amazing valley with both modern skyscrapers in the foreground and lush green mountains behind. I hope to see the famous Petronas Towers in the next day or so. I'll post pictures soon...

Until then...

greg

2 comments:

Barb K said...

So, any word on your luggage or are you wearing the same clothes again? Missing you.
Love, Mom

PS Thanks for your encouragement for last night. It seems many of us were insomniacs last night.

Greg Boncimino said...

Just a quick update: No luggage yet, but the airline says they found my bag in San Francisco. They'll send it thru Hong Kong, then onto KL. Hopefully I'll get it when I return from work this afternoon.

Bought some really nice (cheap) clothes yesterday. Tennis shoes for $4, shorts for $2. Wow.

I also couldn't sleep last night very much. Woke up 3-4 times. Strange; not sure it was jet lag-induced....

greg