I am working in southeastern Thailand right now. I realize that some of you may have read about the bombings here in Thailand that occurred Sunday, Monday and today, and may (possibly!) have been worried about me. Well, I'm happy to say that I'm fully safe and sound. My colleagues and I have been back and forth across the country over the past couple of days, and have not seen any danger. The worst thing we saw was a toppled gasoline tanker truck, but that was due to a routine traffic accident. Bangkok traffic was (as usual!!) a mess.
We will be over in Rayong tomorrow, heading back up to Bangkok in the afternoon. The Thai supreme court is going to make a major announcement tomorrow about the fate of the two major political parties here. Apparently, the Court may decide to dissolve one of them (probably the one that used to support former PM Taksin). Anyway, we have been warned by Caterpillar officials (who love to look out for their employees!!) that there is a possibility of civil unrest and violence. We have been given maps of which areas to avoid. Read about other public warnings here.
Also, since many of these homemade bombs have been detonated by cell phones in the past, we have also been told that all mobile phone service will be discontinued for part of the day tomorrow. Therefore, I probably won't be reachable for a few hours. Hopefully all will be fine, and I'll come home just like always.... :-)
So, stop your worrying. OK, you weren't before, so now I've probably just caused a bigger problem..... argh. Love you all, and see you soon.
greg
(invisible as a dust mite while here in Thailand)
3 comments:
So, Mr. Invisible Dust Mite. Why not just go back to KL now? Not that I am worrying or anything. Love you and praying as always for your safety. Mom
PS Only a few more weeks. Wheee...
Stay safe!
Hi Greg- I'm a Strider too on a 2 months work stay in Okinawa...great blog and that indoor skiiing looks awesome!
Post a Comment