17 May 2005

Played Hopscotch Lately?

Yesterday, following a morning business meeting at a local restaurant, I noticed that a hopscotch path had been scribbled onto the sidewalk just outside the restaurant door. I stepped over the writing, as I would always do. But then I stopped. Even though I was there with our sales rep, a thought went through my head -- WWLD (What Would Laurie Do?) Of course, she would immediately move to "square one" and get on with it....

SO.... I did just that. I went over to "square one" and did my best hopscotch dance/hop, all the way up to "Sky Blue". What a nice rush. Our sales rep smirked, and a waitress noticed my routine, but that really didn't matter. What DID matter is that I did a very non-Greg thing: I stopped to do a bit of LIVING, amidst a day of ordinary ol' WORK.

Not very profound, but it made me smile. Have you played hopscotch lately? You should -- it's actually quite fun..... ;-)

greg

3 comments:

Barb K said...

You rock, you Hop-Scotcher, you. I would have loved to have a video of that one! Have a great day, Greg, and know I hold you and your family deep in my heart

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is wonderfully O.K. to take those tentative hopscotch steps back to life and joy! I keep thinking, how would Laurie want us to go on? KEEP HOPPING!

Anonymous said...

Greg that was so cool. Rock on Nephew...