25 July 2005

laurieboncimino.com - Coming Attractions

Thank you all so much for your ideas and input regarding laurieboncimino.com website. I think we'll be able to incorporate a number of them, in the coming days and weeks. I agree with the last few posts regarding the "WWLD" idea -- although well-intentioned, it would not be appropriate to have a section oriented around how Laurie would have handled a given situation. This places an unbalanced focus on Laurie, and not enough upon the object of her actions, or (more importantly) the reasons for her actions.

In summary, I think we'll target the following features for the enhanced site:
* Photos or online photo albums
* Excerpts from Laurie's writings, especially examples of encouragement and hope
* Excerpts from emails to laurieboncimino@laurieboncimino.com (after permission granted)
* Audio excerpts from the memorial service
* Links to service organizations

I also like the idea of dedicating a portion of the site to rallying around a cause, similar to what the Overnight did for AFSP. I'm not sure what that will look like yet, but we'll keep our eyes open.

That's all for now. Just wanted to post an update. More feedback is always welcomed. Keep posting. Thanks.....

greg

1 comment:

Jackie R. said...

Hey Greg,
I never replied to the post about ideas so I guess I am now... I had always thought similarly to what it sounds like you are thinking... I thought it would be neat if people could submit photos, or personal stories to you (so there is a "screening" process) but then you could post them... various photos of Laurie, stories about her - whether funny ones, good memories, the way she impacted people etc... I have loved reading various stories and seeing photos that people have posted on their pages... I also like the idea of rallying around a cause like the Overnight or whatever - I think of it as a cosmic kicking of Satan's ass :) by focusing the energy from the confusion and pain on a positive cause... (agreed also about the WWLD deal). Thanks for all your work - it is inspiring the effort you put into caring for others in the midst of your own grieving process...