09 June 2006

Moving, Moving, Moving

Just a super quick update...

We sold our house yesterday! The realtors said that we should expect the sale to take 120 days due to the slow market (lots of new homes being sold before old "used" 4-year old homes). However, for us the house was only on the market for 7 days! The buyers agreed to great terms and price. The closing will be June 23rd. This is a huge burden off our shoulders, and allows us to go into "moving mode" full time.

The movers are here! Right now, as I type this the moving company is busy packing up our stuff into boxes and crates. We had to designate our goods for three possible destinations: Storage (things that will stay locked away during the 4-5 years we are in Asia), Sea (things that we will not see again for 6 weeks while in transit), Air (things that we will not see again for 2 weeks (600 lb max!)).

Our Pet Import Permit arrived! Our pet consultant obtained and faxed the permit yesterday, which is another big load off our shoulders. Now we just need to get Alfredo from point A to point B.

Timetable. Today is packing. Tomorrow is the big going-away party that our friends are throwing for us. If you weren't invited and want to come, call us -- we'll give you the details. Sunday is a day of rest. Monday to Wednesday (June 12-14) are more packing days. June 18 is our last day at church. June 20 is my last day at the Houston office. June 21 is fly-away day. July 3 is my first day in the KL office. July 18 is the day our goods are supposed to arrive in KL. August 9 is first day of school for the girls.

Feel updated? Great -- now it's back to packing....

greg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with moving. I wish I could help I some way.

Barb K said...

Greg,
Man, you guys are in high gear. I am so glad to hear the house sold and Alfredo gets to go to Malayasia! Praying here in IL for smooth sailing in these final weeks for all of you. We'll talk this weekend. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am happy and sad all at once. I didn't like seeing the for sale sign in the front yard at all, but I am happy that it sold quickly for you.

Have a safe trip. My family and I wish you the best! You are off to begin a wonderful new adventure.

The Callahan's