04 June 2006

The Importance of Proper Pool Maintenance

Our house has just been listed for sale. As is the case with modern technology, our Realtor came over to take pictures of the place for our online listing. Well, she came the day before I had a chance to take back control of our pool from the evil clutches of Dr. Algae and Captain Scale. The difference between the pictures she took last Tuesday and the ones I took this afternoon are pretty amusing. So, I decided to share them with the world -- as a living, breathing testament to the importance of proper pool maintenance.

Here is how our pool looked last Tuesday. (None of these pictures have been edited or retouched in any way -- this is REALLY how the scene looked!) First, looking Northeast:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And another photo, this time looking Southeast:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now, after a few days of skilled chlorination, acidizing, scale / stain reduction, and filter media treatment, I was able to "take back" our pool from the sinister clutches mentioned above. As of this afternoon, here is how our pool looks, first Northeast view:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And the Southeast view:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So, boys and girls, don't let anyone tell you that proper pool maintenance is not important, lest you fall victim, as we almost did, to the transformation of one's sparkling blue pool into the Dagobah Swamp. Trust me -- it's a place no one wants to go. ;-)

greg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house is so cool. I still cannot believe how nice it is.

Anonymous said...

Wish I lived there. It would be so nice to wake up in the mornings.

Anonymous said...

does Alfredo swim in the pool?

Bigger than Me said...

Greggie, maybe I am the biggest dork ever, but as I looked at your pictures for awhile, they actually started to sit with me in a metaphoric sort of way. Those waters can get murky and yucky pretty easily, and the effort to clean them is delicate and carefully executed...but worth it. You need the right tools, the right instruction book, and the patience to do it, but the sludge can be removed, and the beauty found. Thanks for the inspiration this morning. I love you.

Always,
Katie