31 May 2006

I Don't Want to Paint Any More....

Sorry for the lack of "updates" lately. We have been consumed with getting our house ready for sale in addition to the forthcoming move. The word exhaustion comes to mind....

The four of us spent the whole Memorial Day weekend (as well as the Thursday before) painting the interior of our house back to "buyer-friendly" biege. Yuck! It was so hard to cover all the beautiful color that has adorned our home for most of the last 4 years. We kept saying that we were "neutering" our house. Ash and Brooke now say that we live in an apartment. Well, blandness aside, the neutral look probably will actually add value to our house, since buyers won't be concerned as much about repainting if they didn't like our previous scheme. Both Ash and Brooke had amazingly wonderful attitudes the whole time as we painted. They worked so hard, and even had a bit of a paint fight (in fun!). It was a pleasure to pay them some $$$ for their services!

We've also been blasting away at an endless list of household tasks such as fixing toilets, changing light bulbs, cleaning pool equipment, decluttering the house, weeding the garden, fixing landscape lighting, etc, etc. This will be the FOURTH house we've sold, so I guess we're becoming pro's at this.

On an up note, I spent several hours last night setting up the new laptop computer we've purchased for Cheryl's mom. It has all the bells and whistles (what a strange phrase), and will allow her to communicate freely with us when we're in Malaysia. I'm going to fly to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow so that I can get her Internet connection setup, and then train her in all things related to this wild Internet world we live in. She is going to be hooked up with high speed broadband - no more dial-up! On Sunday, both she and I will fly back to Houston so that she can visit with all four of us one last time. Please pray for her as well -- she spent a good portion of the weekend in the hospital again after her emphysema flared up, causing major breathing problems.

That's about it for now. Other items in progress: Figuring out how to process the Animal Import Permit for our beloved but crazy dog, Alfredo (Only a 7 day quarantine in Malaysia -- not bad); Buying 220V-to-110V power transformers; Obtaining International Driving Permits; Selling two cars; Arranging for temporary living in the US and in KL; Getting ready for the movers... See why this is so fun? Seriously, this is all part of the adventure. We're in very good spirits.

greg

2 comments:

Barb K said...

Praying for you guys as you head into the final weeks and for Cheryl's mom too. I was pooped reading about your weekend. You guys are troopers, or at the very least, painters.
Love you all, Mom

Gail said...

Greg, glad to see you see this as an adventure.
Like your mom said, it pooped me out too. You guys did a lot in a weekend. I am so gratful for email. You won't seem 'that' far away. :( You guys are awesome....And I love you.. Aunt Gail