The title above summarizes my last two days. As soon as we arrived home from the house hunt, we sped for home to spend time with our girls, share stories, and collectively get ourselves a bit more ready for our forthcoming 10,000 mile move. Then, after just a few brief hours, I had unpacked and repacked my bag and found myself back at the airport.
I've spent the last 24 hours in Dallas, at our overhaul facility up here to conduct meetings with one of our major clients (big oil company). Tomorrow I will hop on another flight back home to once again re-engage with home, and continue the week. I hope my frequent flier miles are being logged correctly!!
I can't wait for this weekend. First, it will just be good to be home again. Second, we'll spend time with our friends -- as the days and hours of our U.S.-based status are rapidly decreasing. Third, we might be able to make it to a Rice baseball game, and our team is HOT. Finally, we'll be able to really start getting our house ready to sell. Too many details to mention here.
Then, there are the much larger issues. I listened to some songs that remind me of Laurie during my workout this morning. Wow. A flood of memories all over again. Then, I re-read what I wrote to Katie just a couple of days ago. I sincerely hope that my words have a way of sinking in. I love my sister so much. I know that "logic" is not what will win her back -- it will be nothing short of God's way of penetrating her heart. Once He does that, she will regain hope, and maybe -- just maybe we could see a road to wholeness. I pray.
It's time for some sleep. I'm not sure I'm through with jet lag recovery yet. I'll wake up nice and early, go down to the hotel fitness center for a nice run, have breakfast, then get ready for another day.
greg
p.s. Today was the last day of school for my dear girlies. I'm sure it was so hard for them to walk through the halls of their school, saying goodbye to teacheres they will probably not see again, and hug friends who still can't quite believe we're moving to Malaysia. I called them to see how they did. Such a hard day. BUT... I love them, and I love how God has been shaping each of them into beautiful young women -- open to facing the unknown with unbelievable courage. Wow.
2 comments:
Greg, your girls are so great because of you. What you and Cheryl have molded and guided them to be. God has blessed your family, and will continue to do so. Im sure being so far away will be rough at times, just know that this is all part of your journey and I know you will continue to love and trust Him as your guide, as we can pray for Katie to do as well. I think of your family often and lift you all up in prayer. Enjoy the time left in Houston, and I hope jet lag doesnt affect you too bad. Congrats on your achievement as well and best of luck with the move! :)
Greg, I don't come here often enough but I stopped by a couple nights ago when I couldn't sleep and decided to thumb through your blog roll. I spent what must have been three or four hours reading about the loss your family experienced some time ago, hot tears rolling down my cheeks in an avalanche of sympathy and pain.
I just wanted to say thank you to you and your family for speaking through your loss so that others can be moved, not just to cry but to love those around them more deeply, to be fully present and painfully aware that hurt and desperation lives beneath so many around us every day. Thank you for the evidence of goodness and strength and God your family was to me the other night.
Thank you for telling your story. It changed mine.
SG
Post a Comment