18 December 2006

Countdown to College --- Cheryl-style

Just a super quick post to let everyone know we're still here and doing well. The weekend with Chris was amazing (pictures to follow). I had a couple of busy weeks at work (what's new), the girls are now on their super-long three-week holiday break, we just hosted a 60+ person HUGE Christmas party at our house, we finished construction of our world's largest Petronas twin tower gingerbread house (4 ft tall!), we're helping the church get ready for the Christmas Eve service, AND.... we just picked up Cheryl's brand new Apple MacBook Pro laptop computer for her first semester at college -- which begins on January 8th!


Sound's like we're moving along... I am most excited about getting Cheryl back in school. It has been 17 years since she left off, and she has now been accepted into the music program at the International College of Music, the premier music school in Malaysia, which just HAPPENS to be a 15 minute drive from home! She will be earning a Bachelor's degree in Professional Music, and as part of that, we had to get her the right tool for the job -- a top-of-the line super cool MacBook Pro. A, B, and I are all drooling over it.

Well, time for me to go to work. More later.

greg
P.S. We need a caption for this picture....

5 comments:

riniroo said...

oh my goodness, I think you JUST posted this! It is now 6:50pm Texas time, yup, this is a live message. Soooo proud of Cheryl! Have a wonderful Christmas.
Miss you guys!!!
Nee

Gail said...

Yum, 'Dog Jerky' taste so good. You should try it. Love, Aunt Gail

p.s. I am so excited for Cheryl.

riniroo said...

Oh, and the caption,
'Quick...smile...pretend that you like it...we don't want our friends and family to think we don't like it over here and secretly want to come home.'

Barb K said...

Okay, first the caption: "This tastes like everything mom cooked!"

And then my comments about how great I am feeling knowing Cheryl is going off to college while you are in Malaysia. That is the coolest perk ever. Cheryl, I am soooo excited for you and know you will be great.
Another different Christmas, but still one where Christ is the center.

Love you guys, Mom

Anonymous said...

Now that the Singapore Marathon is behind me, I've designated Chris as my official dietian.

Steve