It's now the FIFTH of July here in Malaysia, and I just got back from a one day trip to Thailand. I just realized that since the 4th of July is just "July 4th" here, I worked on U.S. Independence Day for the first time in my professional career (not counting my years as a paper boy of course!).
I've now worked three days here in Asia, and I've logged all three in different countries. How's that for coolness? Friday I was in Singapore; Monday I was in Malaysia (Petronas Twin Towers); and Tuesday I was in Thailand. Time to start keeping track of frequent flyer miles (or kilometers...), doncha' think?
Great news is that Ashley is starting to feel better (finally!) Tonight I asked her how she was feeling, and she said 80%. That's not bad -- and the three of them actually spent some time back at the Suria KLCC mall today. Yahoo!
Later today (Wednesday) I'll go in for my first official day in the office. I can already tell that I will really like this job -- the challenge level is high, and the people seem to be great: high-capacity, energetic, self-starters. To use a baseball analogy, I feel like I've been traded from the Kansas City Royals to the New York Yankees. Now, if I could only secure a Yankee-type salary! jk!
It's been great watching the start of the Tour. I'm really pulling for George Hincapie this time around. ESPN Asia is actually showing Tour highlights, which is cool. Rough finish in Stage 1 for Thor Hushvold. Ouch! Tonight the World Cup semi-final starts at 3am here in KL. I feel like we're going to be the only souls in town actually sleeping through it. Sorry, but I'm still not quite a soccer, er... football fan yet. However, I told Cheryl we'll probably stay up for the final on Sunday/Monday at 2am. Yikes.
Well, with that, it's time for bed. It's great to be back at "home" after being out of the country earlier. Didn't get to see much of Thailand. Maybe next time. Countries I'll be visiting over the next 2 weeks: Brunei, Korea, Singapore (again), and possibly Vietnam.
Happy 4th of July to everyone back in the States!!
greg
1 comment:
So how was your first "official" day at the office? Especially happy to hear that Ashley has turned the corner and is starting to feel better. I say "No more durian!"
Love you guys, Mom
Post a Comment