Happy July everyone! While we're just finishing up our Saturday, the United States is beginning its Saturday, July 1st. Before I comment on this post's title, some important time-sensitive information:
We are on Skype right now. (8am Central US, 9am Eastern US, 9pm Malaysia), and will probably stay online for at least 2 or 3 hours. We are logged in under my ID "gboncimino", so if you read this and would like to "give us a call", please SKYPE us.
Big news of the day is that we spent the evening in the Emergency Room. Ashley has been in severe pain for 2+ days, with headaches, fever, and stomach cramps. We finally took her to the hospital tonight. One fear we had was that she had appendicitis. After a blood test and Ultrasound, the kind doctors at Gleneagles Hospital determined that Ashley is going through a serious bout of food poisoning. She was also very dehydrated, so they gave her a full IV bag of fluid before letting us return to the apartment. We have some antibiotics to give her now. She is still in pain, but hopefully will be coming up out of this soon.
Brooke will comment more on our experiences today. Check out her blog for more. Hopefully we'll receive a Skype call or two. For now, it's time for dinner, and hopefully enough energy to watch Brazil-France at 3:00 am later tonight.
greg
P.S. I'm very disappointed about the cycling news today. I can't believe that Ivan Basso and Jan Ullrich will not be in the Tour. Of course that gives a better chance of vistory for Floyd, George, or Levi. I'd love to see another American take this, but I know of several others that have good chances.
2 comments:
I hope Ashley gets better soon Chicago will be having the fireworks at Navy Pear tonight July 1st and July 4th I am going tonight Every time the fireworks go off I will be thinking of Laurie Boncimino and that those fireworks are there to honor her life. The 4th has always been a big and fun event of going downtown in my family ever since I was a little child my uncle would take us in his Baja speed boat and we would watch the fireworks from his boat right by were Migs Field used to be. My uncle has passed on about 3 years now Tonight I am going to have fun.
Hey, Greg and family, Shared a lot of the same thoughts today about Lin. It does not seem possible that it is nine years since we heard her fun giggle and wise words.
Anxious to hear that Ashely is starting to feel better. Keep us updated.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment