06 September 2007

Katie's Last REAL 29th Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Skate! I know the calendar says that you are turning 29 today, but I'd like to bring attention to the fact that this is actually your only REAL 29th birthday. We all know that for the next ten years you are going to tell everyone that you are turning 29, and some people may even believe it. However, being your big brother -- I get to highlight to the world that the birth year in question is 1978 (not 1979, 1980, 1981, etc.) -- It's 1978. Oh, it's so fun to be the big brother!

I looked back through my blog (now about 2-1/2 years old itself), and found my birthday greeting to Katie in 2005 here. Unfortunately, I didn't make a blog birthday greeting in 2006, so this will just have to be an odd-year thing, OK? Katie's sorta odd anyway, so this works. The 2005 post highlights many of the thoughts that come to mind...

I really do have to head off to work. In the meantime, I'll be happy to let the entire world know that I love MY big sister, and that I am as proud as ever to be her brother. Katie is a treasure, even if she DID want to be a sailboat at one time in her life. (yes, true.)
big brother g

No comments: