22 August 2005

Happy Birthday, Brooke!!

Today is a special day for our Broo-head. Our "baby" is now 14 years old!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

What does this mean? Well, for one, it means that my youngest daughter (Brooke) is now more than half the age of my oldest sister (Katie). And what does THAT mean? Oh, I don't know -- just some obscure fact to show how we are all getting older.

It wasn't long ago that we were celebrating Easter with a 6-year-old Brooke (and 7-year-old Ashley):
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Of course, Cheryl and I have changed right along with the girls. Here are the four of us during that same year (1998) while living in San Diego:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Brooke has developed into quite the creative person. Who could forget seeing her masterful woodworking with Uncle Chris during our "Whittling World" competition of 2003 in Yellowstone:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So, here we are in the summer of 2005. Our family is blessed to have Brooke right here experiencing every adventure together.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Brooke is an amazing young woman, and certainly one of a kind. I wouldn't trade her for the world. If you'd like to drop her a birthday greeting, please send an email to her at gerbilfred@yahoo.com . If you'd like to visit her blog, please do so at: Brooke's Blog .

greg
(proud dad)

2 comments:

Kim said...

What a wonderful entry. My daughter started kindergarten a couple of weeks ago and I cannot believe how much time flies. Before I know it, she will be graduating high school. :)

Barb K said...

Greg,

What a great way to celebrate Brooke! She is now a rockin' 14 year old. Yikes, that makes me the grandma of a 14 year old.

Love you, Brooke.

Grandma