The past week has literally FLOWN by, and I have so many things to share and say. However, if I did this all in one blog entry, you would be reading this for about an hour. SO, I'll have to break it down into small, easy-to-digest pieces.
Suffice it to say that the visit we've had with Drew Brown over the past two days has been simply awesome, and that going to each of the three Cubs-Astros games has been ALMOST as awesome. Drew and I joked that between the two of our blogs, we're gonna have a blast re-telling some of the stories and experiences we have undergone. We basically had a Ferris Bueller day yesterday. Wow.
We also spent several hours talking about our grief together (the best hours of which were spent in the hot tub each night -- something about the bubbles and cerveza....) Rich, rich time spent between two grown men and the greatest loss either has had to endure.
To whet your appetite for the stories to follow, I leave you this:
1. An honest-to-goodness full-scale baseball divot:

2. Tasty Texas BBQ at the #1 BBQ place in Houston:

3. Greg and Drew literally STANDING in the middle of the Astrodome (hint: we WALKED in right off the street, and didn't get thrown out!!!!!!):

4. A bit of a car accident (hey, it wouldn't be Houston if my car didn't get smashed):

Interested in more? I'd love to hear your initial comments.
greg
P.S. As Drew has now experienced, we have an entire guest room / suite with pool and hot tub. Anyone else wanna visit us???
2 comments:
Well, let me start by saying I am so sorry about the car but in the big picture, it can get fixed. That is why we have car insurnace. Glad no one was hurt in the four car bumper car fiasco. Greg, I love that you two got into the Astrodome and got to play around. I love juvenile delinquents disguised in grown men's bodies.
But the funniest, ever, is Drew with the BBQ sauce all over his face. Man, that is hilarious. I can't wait to take him out for Chinese food, or maybe Mexican. Picture guacamole...
Love you and glad you guys all had a great time.
Love, Mom
Me, me, me! I want to visit! Lets keep thinking turkey day! (As long as gas prices go down! We can't commit to a home equity loan to cover gas to drive to Houston!) I love you, and I am so glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment