18 September 2005

Audio from Memorial Service -- online

FINALLY....

It's taken some time, but I'm happy to announce that (at last) we have uploaded the audio from Laurie's Memorial Service to the laurieboncimino.com website.

To make it easy to access the portion of the service you'd like to hear, all of the service portions have been separated into individual MP3 files. Due to the technology of the website, it might take some time for the audio to start, but once it does you'll be glad you waited.

The quality of the content in these memories should make the inconvenience of downloading worth the wait. I have found that listening to the service again is a powerful thing. So, please go listen -- to as much or as little as you desire. If you have a chance, let me know if having this audio resource is of value to you.

Also, if you couldn't attend the service, and are now hearing the audio for the first time, let me know that as well. I'd love to hear your comments.

greg

--UPDATE POSTED AT 8:00 PM --
We have now ALSO added Cindy Beier's song "Goodbye For Now" to the website. Please see the website home page for some background on the song. This is an amazing song that you will surely enjoy.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only met Laurie once, at Sandblast...she talked about Mexico and I couldn't stop thinking the rest of the week....wow, this girl loves God with not just her heart but her actions. I hadn't seen much of that in my life. Listening to the memorial service, I thought back to that day and how I just thanked God for letting me meet someone like her, even if I never got to know her. She touched my heart, and let it open up a little more to God.

Barb K said...

Greg,
Thanks for getting that done. It is great. I am wondering, too, if at some time we can get Cindy Beier's song, "Goodby for Now" on the website. Let's talk about that.

Love you gwadzillions, Mom

Anonymous said...

Greg! Awesome audio...I hadn't not heard it and everything was so well done. Barb's speech was amazing, so touching and inspiring. I'm sure Laurie was smiling down on her and all of you at that moment. Well DONE!

Anonymous said...

I cried, I laughed then I cried again, and now I know how to pronounce your name properly. God bless your family for opening your hearts and lives to strangers like me. I truly pray some people wanting to kill themselves will find your sites and reading your accounts will help them to see the pain that is left behind.

Anonymous said...

Greg in reference to the comment I made on Drews website (sept.18,2005 8:56 a.m.)You have know idea how important it is to here from you. Thank you so much for everything.

dbrown said...

Greg

I listened to the audio for the first time last week...I hadn't heard any of it since the funeral.

The surrealism came rushing back, stronger than I'd felt it in a long time.

I still can't believe this is our new reality.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting that, it helped me alot for me struggling with suicide for at least the past year, some days and nights worse then others, the boncimino family has touched my life in a way that is never repayable, the speeches were touching. as i sit here i can't put the way i feel into words. but thank you

Anonymous said...

can someone please help me believe that giving up is not the easiest way out?

Barb K said...

Anonymous September 19, 2005 11:30 PM ,
Giving up, assuming you are talking about suicide, may be an easy way out, just not the best or even a so-so way. I urge you to talk with someone about your feelings right now. Everything I have read, and by now it is volumes, lets me know that the feelings of extreme depression or even mild depression pass. What is overwhelming now, subsides. Situations change, people respond, your outlook clears. Spend the next few days taking in nature, treat yourself to ice cream, do something you love. And know you are cared about by each of us.
Love, Barb K.

Greg Boncimino said...

Anonymous:
I hope you have been able to begin just talking with some of your friends and family around you.

I'm not a counselor or therapist at all. However, let me give you some basics from what I know.

1. First, please check out these resources. Read before you do anything else:

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/
http://www.laurieboncimino.com/Links.php

2. Know that things like depression are medically treatable. Many people have undiagnosed depression. There is a ton of help available.

3. Like my mom said above, many problems you think are insurmountable are just temporary. Things change. Believe me; they do.

4. I'm not going to get into a philosophy discussion about the value of life, but "easiest way out" is in fundamental conflict with the desire to find a solution you can "live with". Completing suicide is utterly permanent, and a tragically flawed solution.

5. Don't be "anonymous" a minute more. Call a friend or family member and let them in. Call the SAVE.org hotline at 800-273-TALK. You can even email me at gboncimino@yahoo.com

Believe that there is hope, and that the damage you would do by taking any permanent action would solve nothing.

greg

Anonymous said...

I knew Laurie from Summer School before Freshman year at Stevenson and hung out with her a few times that fall. She was great and I have been following all of this since the beginning and I would like to say that you and your family make up a group of absolutley amazing, strong, and loving individuals. I was unable to make it to her memorial and the other night downloaded all of the audio. I listened to it and it was very touching. She was a great girl and while I lost touch with her after that year, I am blessed to have been given the chance to spend some time with her and honored to say that I knew how great of a person Laurie was.

Samantha
SoldierDansGirl@gmail.com