25 September 2005

Sunny Sunday

It seems that the world is starting to become more normal again. Sun is shining this morning. Ashley is sleeping over at a friend's house, and Brooke had two of her friends sleep over here. Cheryl and I are getting ready to go out for a quick 3 mile run.

The highway seems to have a lot of inbound traffic, as I look across the back field. That's to be expected I suppose. People do want to get back home after all.

I'm looking forward to seeing TV commercials again. For the past four days, every network has only been running hurricane coverage nonstop 24-hours a day. Not a single commercial. Must be so hard on the news teams. You don't really miss the commercials immediately, but when you realize that you've been parked in front of the TV for two hours straight, and there hasn't been a break, then you start to notice it.

Hopefully stores will begin opening today, and gasoline will come back into the area. An interesting adventure this has been (that's my yoda-speak for the day).

greg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, how's the bird?!?!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you and your family are safe.

I just got through listening to some of the commentaries and the photos on the website.

beautiful pictures, beautiful tribute, beautiful girl...

I just wanted to know what the name of the song is that is playing while the photos are shown.

I'm sorry for your loss, I only met her a few times in passing, and I even knew then how special she was. Continued prayers for your family.

Greg Boncimino said...

The song playing during the video of Laurie is "Close Your Eyes" by Dave Barnes. I highly recommend buying both of his albums. Amazing work.

Glad you liked the video. In a few days, I'm sure I'll be pauing once again to remember where we really are these days.