30 September 2005

Last "Scheduled" Counseling Appointment

Well, like my mom, I've now completed my last "scheduled" counseling appointment. However, like her, I fully intend to call in for more sessions as-needed. I will be the first to validate the importance and value of seeing a counselor, especially in times of trouble. On the surface, it might look like my life is fine. Great job, awesome family, nice house, good health, almost-complete MBA, etc. However, underneath there is still a small, vulnerable Greg. I don't have it figured out -- not even close.

I can't even begin to explain how excited I am that everyone is coming down for Thanksgiving. Who is "everyone"? Well, how about: Mom, Pete, Chris, Christa, Hayden, Reece, Katie, Tommy, Denver, Maya, Isaiah, and Kristin! Everyone now has plane tickets, and during a year when we have been punched in the gut harder than any of us could have imagined -- WE are gathering together in a new place (Texas?!) to celebrate what we can be thankful for. Our awesome next-door neighbors will be out of town, and have made their home available so that all 16 of us can function together. (Thank you, Eatons!) I can't wait for November 24th.

Maybe instead of turkey, we'll have good ol' Texas BBQ. Time to break out the belt buckles and boots.

On another exciting note: Phil and Valerie Peszat (my cousin and "cousin-in-law") are flying to Houston right NOW, and will be down here for the weekend. Tomorrow we're going to show them a bit of what Houston is all about (when it's not being bombarded by hurricanes, gas shortages, or ill-planned evacuations).

greg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Great job, awesome family, nice house, good health, almost-complete MBA, etc..." I read this and I think, how do you find the energy for all of these things, day in and day out, after such a severe punch to your reality? I read about seemingly simple and normal things about life, every day things that people perform, the process of living and functioning, and I wonder how people are able to do it? Where does one find the energy...as you said it earlier, to get up in the morning?

dbrown said...

Greg

I think you should take the whole family to the zoo for a fantastic train ride. Or play catch in front of the office building and create crater-sized divots. Or bring them to Goode Company and smear BBQ sauce all over their face!

Show them as much fun as you showed me...minus the car accident =)