Well, we made it!! Last night we had a lot of wind, a lot of rain, but guess what? Everything seems to be running fine, and the worst of the storm has passed East of us! Our power is up and has only flickered a couple of times. Internet is running. Water pressure is strong (water is still clear). No flooding at all!
I went outside to survey for damage, and I couldn't find so much as a tree branch on the ground. No broken windows or anything. How amazing! Thank you so much for your prayers. It is unbelievable how many emails, phone calls, and blog postings we've been receiving. Everyone should have SO many friends! We are so blessed.
Now our attention turns to the massive return of people to Houston and the gulf coast towns. All the local officials are trying to figure out how to get 2 million people back into town without the same crisis of fuel / traffic / food happening all over again. I'm not even sure we'll be able to get schools and businesses running again by Monday.
I'll post again soon, but for now, just know that we are safe!
greg
3 comments:
Greg
Rick and Linda Rump, friends of Angel Barrett and Holly Lueders. Praying for you. Also, Laurie was our favorite barista.
Rick.rump@go.com
Yeah!! I thought about you all so much last night as I watched the coverage! What a blessing! Take care.
Emily Bell
Greg
It's been amazing to keep updated about the hurricane via your blog. Very interesting to hear a personal account of what we've been seeing on the news. I'm very glad that you and your family are safe! God is good!
From Salem Oregon - Jessica
Post a Comment