I keep "forgetting" to write this: I've found that I'm forgetting more things than ever before. Our grief support group told us that forgetfulness was one of the things we could expect to see, as we try to deal with life.
A couple of weeks ago, I forgot to pay a credit card bill until 2 days late. I've never done that before. Last week, I walked into a meeting without my usual notebook, day planner, and pen. A friend had to ask me, "Greg, don't you think you want to bring something to write on??" Just this past weekend, while driving to the MS150 bike tour, I realized that I forgot to pack MY CYCLING SHOES! (I had to turn around and go back home for them.)
Grief does something to you physically. I find myself losing focus often -- at work, at home, anywhere. I forget stuff. I am not particularly worried about being in this state, but hope that I don't forget something serious, like remembering to stop at a RED light. Hmmm...
I've received an amazing email tonight from someone in Seattle whom I've never met. She stumbled across our website, and my blog. She was able to comfort me with words from her own experiences. When stuff like this happens, I gain hope. I realize that this blog -- my lament -- has a way to reach others who in turn can reach me. That's a blessing in itself.
I labor onward. This journey continues.
greg
1 comment:
Greggie,
I am the only one that can get away with calling you that. I know the forgetfulness too well. Last week driving home from work I missed the Rte 53 exit, went further on, turned around, missed the exit again. I did an extra 20 minutes because I lose focus...something I am working on. I'm glad we talked today. Know I am praying for all of you.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment