08 April 2005

I Think God Is Calling Me

Guess what? I have been asked by some friends in the Willow Creek Production Department to participate in a short-term missions project to Costa Rica, and I have decided to accept the invitation. The trip will be from April 30 to May 6, which means that I'll leave in just 3 weeks.

The Willow production team was in need of an audio expert (not sure they found the right guy!), and God placed it on the heart of Scott Ragsdale to ask me in the middle of the night. I knew I'd have to check with my two bosses [ God and Cheryl ;-) ] before responding, so we gave it a day. Because the nature of the trip is to help several churches in Costa Rica with the installation and repair of their production gear (audio, video, lighting, and staging), this is a "Special Ops" team if there ever was one! I'm thrilled to be a part of it, and excited that I will be able to minister alongside several friends from our Willow days.

More than that, I think God may be ready to use me and minister to my heart in a way that is unique to this very moment in my life. I think my grieving heart will be encouraged and softened through this opportunity to do just what Laurie would do -- to minister to Spanish-speaking people just south of our own nation.

Willow is going to apply funds acquired from recent high school graduations to heavily defray our costs. However, if God is leading you to support me financially, please feel free to do so.

I just wanted to write this post to let you know of this exciting news. More updates to come...

greg

3 comments:

Barb K said...

Hola! Can you say hello in Spanish? Greg, I think this is just the greatest thing for you right now. What a cool God we have to give you an opportunity to do what you do so well. Do you need any help unrolling cable?
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Bonch-
I'm excited and envious for you. I love those 3 CR churches, and wish I could be there with you. I am certain you will be blessed beyond measure. Hasta la vista baby.

Jay-dub.

Anonymous said...

Hi, this blog is for the family,
I have been praying for all of
you consistently. My daughter
knew laurie from impact and we
were both devistated. She was
so amazing. My heart aches for
you, I can not even imagine your
pain. Barb you are truly an
inspiration. I'm sure God will
use you to help others. I would
like to sponser Greg on his trip.
I know keeping your mind and heart
on God can truly get you through
the hardest times. Please let me know how I can go about sponsering
Greg. Mrs. P. (a fellow Creeker
in Christ).